add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

OC RAM and GPU on B360

Memo1010
  • 22 months ago

this is my MOBO. I just got a new PSU (the other one was old, and second hand, so I felt uneasy using it), and thought I'd maybe do some mild overclocks to my RAM and GPU. It's a non-OC board, but I think that just applies to processors. Will it be possible? Also, the GPU comes pre-overclocked so I will probably not push it very far, though on some games I wish my performance were a tad better so I might go a bit farther.

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

If those are your modules, I'm afraid you can do any better than running them at 2133MHz.

Those are value ram modules.

I really doubt you can push them much further.

As for the GPU, below is an overclocking guide.

GTX 1050 ti Overclocking Tutorial - How to get the most out of your GPU

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

According to the maunal you can manually play around with the memory clock. So yeah, in theory, you can try overclocking your RAM. How well it would go is a different question.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. I doubt it will go much higher than it is, but I might try it

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Remember, if something goes wrong, you can always load the BIOS defaults to start over. ;)

Hopefully, you can adjust the voltages of the memory as well to stabilize things a bit. I never tried to OC a RAM, just loaded XMP. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube