add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Old computers to toss

Memo1010
  • 21 months ago

Got 2 old Windows XP computers (desktops) with pentium 4 CPUs, one of them has 128mb of RAM, and I removed the HDD from one (but it was not possible to remove from the other ones case). We are cleaning out the storage room, so the question is, what to do with them?

They are completely useless, and as I mentioned I removed the HDD from one (and I'm 99% sure that there isn't anything sensitive on it). I'm pretty sure you can't simply put it in a trash can...?

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 3 points

You have any local shops that accept old electronics for recycling, or do you have a recycling center nearby? I'd try to find something like that to dispose of it properly.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not sure...probably would make sense to contact some the local waste authorities

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, your city/town/county should have resources available.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe find a goodwill near your or put it in the recycle bin. Or keep it around for display if you like that kind of stuff.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Almost all electronics cant just be thrown into a trash can. Like the others say, donate it or check with your towns waste company. The CPUs you might be able to sell for cheap depending on the model of Pentium 4 you have.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Just take them to the dump

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube