add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How can I cool down my room (For PC temps)

Marskel
  • 21 months ago

Ok so this isn't a question regarding anything directly about the hardware but a question on keeping all of my hardware cool.

My room in the summer is excruciatingly hot. It doesn't matter whether or not I have on any heat generating electronics. The heat from the sun turns this room into an oven. Once heat enters, It's tough for it to leave. I have a feeling that my PC might be overheating and that the temperature of my overall room might be responsible. Because When it gets really hot, I crash a lot. So obviously I need to cool down my PC by cooling down my room. Anyone have any methods they can share with me? Right now I have a fan to the window pushing out hot air and another fan with a bowl of ice to emit cool air but it's effect is very little.

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I looked at your build and the p300 has a front panel that I would take off for now since it restricts air flow.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Get an air conditioner. Yes, the ice/fan technique is cheaper, but really you need an air-conditioner. It's pretty much going to be the best and one of the only solutions for you.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

What thedukeanator13 mentioned above.

That's the only way to lower your ambient temperature, thus getting lower temps on your computer components.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

The heat from the sun turns this room into an oven.

I mean, if you're certain of this causal relationship, then reflective curtains or blinds are the answer.

However, as others have mentioned, an air conditioner would bring down the room's ambient temperatures, although it may be noisy, depending on what sort of unit you use.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. Block sunlight from coming into the room, however don't use black colors (such as black paper) to do this, black absorbs the most thermal radiation so try to use something reflective or white on windows etc so that you can reduce the amount of sunlight warming the room. I'm a fan of tinfoil, it looks very ghetto but it does its job and you make jokes to people that its protecting you from government mind control.

2. Get an air conditioner, there are lots to choose from: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=air+conditioner&sprefix=ai%2Caps%2C435&crid=3GZH79PHENL0N

3. If you live in a relatively dry climate (low humidity) you can also invest in a swamp cooler: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=swamp+cooler

4. Move to a colder location.

5. Reduce the planet's overall ambient temperature by moving it further away from the sun.

--

That said, you may want to invest in a better cooler for your CPU if it keeps overheating as well. This one does a pretty good job, but there are a lot of other ones to choose from: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/FcfmP6/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhu9s Have you tried actually tracking the CPU and GPU temperatures to see if they're exceeding recommended limits frequently? There are lots of free software products available you can use to track CPU temps. This will give you a better idea if it really is overheating and needs a better cpu cooler than the stock one. or if perhaps something else is going on like some bad windows configuration settings.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

put your pc into a mineral OIL tank it will reduce the temperature of the pc

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube