add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Bored of video games?

maes
  • 22 months ago

Hey guys. I'm starting to drift off and get bored of video games after a 2 hour or 3 hour session (unless I'm with friends, I can play for a while) but other than that, I just shut my PC down and don't play for a while, until something sparks me to play again. I have a PS4 aswell, and I sometimes check on that when my PC is shut down... I play CS:GO, overwatch, Siege, fortnite etc (Mostly FPS) and I just get tired of one game and then I'm not in the mood to play any other game for like 4 hours... I'm working 2 jobs and driving around & whatnot... Has this happened to you guys?

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

lol this is entirely normal. Getting tired of playing a game for 3 hours straight is not unusual. You're fine.

You definitely play the same genre over and over, so perhaps you should expand your horizons there.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Is it me or I can just go on Overwatch and play comp for 7 hours straight.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

I used to do similar sessions in games.

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

Btw, watch out for ligma, it is a dangerous disease

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

derp

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

If you don’t watch out for it, some people will say ligma balls, which is a warning that the virus has already spread.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

I used to play Overwatch about as long as you do. Never in comp though, it felt rigged. (Mostly because I didn’t have a dedicated team.)

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

Yep this is normal. I'll typically play for 2 hours or so then do something else with my day. Sometimes I'll get bored of gaming all together for a while and I'll do stuff outside all day, exercise, etc. Once I come back I feel much more engaged and ready to play. If I play something for too long or too many days in a row I get burned out and stop having fun.

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

yeah.. I have so much backlog in all my consoles, ps2, ps3, wii, psp, ds, and pc. I keep buying games and I haven't had the time to play them or the mood either.

I just use it to watch youtube, netflix, and do emails. Though recently I've been working on costume stuff, which I do need to go into OW for models. Does that count as gaming? XD

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Which character?

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Pajamei XD

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

.......ok

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep. Happens all the time. One day, I managed to play my friend's XBox all day, but that was a rare occasion (and we kept switching the game constantly, so that helps).

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

This happens to me also except on the best of games when there is always something to do. I have started making CSGO maps now as well somethings instead.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

This is normal, playing longer than an hour a day is what I would consider unusual, especially if you're working two full time jobs. How do you have time to sleep and eat? Full Time Job = 8 Hours, Sleep = 7 Hours, Eating = 1 hour (total) Full Time Jobx2 + Sleep + Eating = 24 Hours leaves you with literally 0 time for anything else like exercise or hobbies, etc.

If these are two part time jobs, then that's a lot better, but still there's more to life than just games. Have you considered picking up a new hobby, exercising more, or trying to learn a new skill? Games are a means of passing time and entertainment and too much of it is not good for you. Getting burnt out is probably a sign that you have a void that games are not filling.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh - forgot to meantion the jobs are casual. I participate in sport constantly, and play piano 4 times a week for about an hour (I go to a performing arts school).

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Play goat simulator!

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube