add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Audio suggestions please for competitive FPS while streaming

subtlexgaming

12 months ago

Hi All,

I will never know as much about audio as some of you and I want to be sure I get a headset + amp that I can use which would give me the best shot at being successful. Budget is not an issue, but if its egregious I will wait until early next year to upgrade. I was using astro a40's + mix amp which seemed louder than anything I've used in the past, but they broke. I had won some Hyper X Revolver's at a Fortnite event, but they are much much quieter. Any suggestions? I know the beyerdynamic 990 pro's come up quite a bit, but I didnt know if that was just because Ninja uses them. I also have heard that the Sound Blaster x7 or w/e is a gamer tax product, which I wont pay if I don't need to. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated from you audiophiles and preferably a competitive fps gamer audiophile :)

Comments

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

here is a few options based on budget,

$50: HS50/hyperX cloud stinger,

$100: Arctis 5/Cloud Alpha/Gpro headset/HS70,

Up to $200: Arctis 7/G4me One(sennheiser)/PC373D(sennheiser)/g933/g533 and more....

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Is there any AMP that I can get with any of these headsets? I've liked sennheiser in the past, so I'll look closely at those options.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Thansk slkipp. I'll try the onboard audio first. I like my audio probably two loud though, so I'll probably try the AMP too for sheer volume for fps competition. Thanks for the recommendation. $75 is easily doable, I was looking at the sound blaster, but everyone said that was a gaming tax..it was 300+.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

PC37X and a GSX1000/AE5

Or MMX300 and a GSX1000/AE5

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube