add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Suggestions on Wired Headset/Headphones w/Third-Party Attachable Mic

Melonize

8 months ago

Hello all. I've looking around for a new wired headset or headphones with a third-party attachable mic like the V-MODA BoomPro. The preferred price range is up to £100 but it can go up to £200. The budget must include the price of any additional items suggested and based upon UK prices - I will be most likely be going for Amazon.co.uk so that I can try a variety of headphones/headsets and take advantage of their return policy. The main purpose of these headphones/headsets will be gaming on games where voice communication will be reasonably important (Arma 3 via TS3), but not for professional purposes like streaming/recording. Particular features of interest are:

• over-ear, open or closed (suggestions on both would be nice);
  • stereo sound output (couldn't really care about surround sound, virtual or not);
  • wired, preferably with a cable that can be detached from the headphones if I am using something like the V-MODA BoomPro;
  • reasonably clear microphone (able to pick up a somewhat-deep soft-spoken voice) that doesn't pick up too much background noise (there is a lot of background noise);
  • microphone must be attached to the headphones since there are not many good places to mount a boom arm or place a stand.

I realise that the fourth bullet point might be a difficult task to achieve, so it is preferred to not pick up too much background noise over worrying about slight muffling if both can't be achieved easily.

Many thanks,

Melonize.

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Given that the Modmic is only £7 more than the boompro in the UK, I'll be recommending that for the mic. It's better and works with all headphones, whereas the Boompro needs a detachable cable.

At around £130, I'd highly suggest AD500X's (£97) + Antlion Modmic (£35). The AD500X's offer a mind-blowing level of imaging for the price range and the modmic will be nicer than something like a boompro.

Other headphone recommendations include HD 559's (£90) and AD700X's (£130, just all around better AD500X's). I'd continue the list but I'm somewhat busy and I'm sure slkippp will have more suggestions.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube