8 months ago
Hello all. I've looking around for a new wired headset or headphones with a third-party attachable mic like the V-MODA BoomPro. The preferred price range is up to £100 but it can go up to £200. The budget must include the price of any additional items suggested and based upon UK prices - I will be most likely be going for Amazon.co.uk so that I can try a variety of headphones/headsets and take advantage of their return policy. The main purpose of these headphones/headsets will be gaming on games where voice communication will be reasonably important (Arma 3 via TS3), but not for professional purposes like streaming/recording. Particular features of interest are:
- over-ear, open or closed (suggestions on both would be nice);
- stereo sound output (couldn't really care about surround sound, virtual or not);
- wired, preferably with a cable that can be detached from the headphones if I am using something like the V-MODA BoomPro;
- reasonably clear microphone (able to pick up a somewhat-deep soft-spoken voice) that doesn't pick up too much background noise (there is a lot of background noise);
- microphone must be attached to the headphones since there are not many good places to mount a boom arm or place a stand.
I realise that the fourth bullet point might be a difficult task to achieve, so it is preferred to not pick up too much background noise over worrying about slight muffling if both can't be achieved easily.