add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Logitech Z337 Speakers with MSI B350 PC MATE ATX Motherboard

hellodarliing

11 months ago

Hi --

I was recently gifted Logitech Z337 speakers. I am not very computer or audio savvy, so I was hoping to get someone's input on how I can set up these speakers with the current motherboard I have which is the MSI B350 PC Mate ... or really any motherboard? The speakers have red and white audio jacks but I don't see any red or white jacks on this motherboard. Not sure if this makes a difference or not. These speakers do have Bluetooth, and I was also given the Avantree BTDG-40S Bluetooth USB dongle, but for some reason, I can't get it to discover these speakers, so I was wondering how would I set up a wired connection instead? If you could also give me some guidance on how this is done, I would really appreciate it.

(Not sure if this is relevant, but my operating system is Windows 10.)

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd suggest using a 3.5mm to RCA connector, then you don't have to worry about dropping connection or audio compression via bluetooth. These connectors can be found online or at most tech-savvy stores including Best Buy or Guitar Center or the like. Maybe Wal-Mart, but you'll have to find it on your own.

The 3.5mm side is the standard headphone/aux connection that will plug into the headphone jack on the motherboard shield, then the RCA red/white will connect on the speaker end.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you very much for your response and for taking the time to help me with this. Silly question but can you tell and/or do you know which color is the "headphone/aux connection that will plug into the headphone jack" that you are referring to on the motherboard that I am using? I did some research prior to asking this follow-up question, and some sites and forums are saying that it's the green one ... Thank you again.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

They were right, it's the green one!

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you so much! I wanted all cables hidden in the back of my PC, so hopefully this will do the trick.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube