add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

More options for adding benchmark info to completed builds

lenoz
  • 85 months ago

At the moment the only benchmark we can specify for our completed builds is 3D Mark 11 scores. This seems a little odd to me, especially as the Benchmarks section on the site offers sorting by at least 5 others. It'd be awesome if we could add some other benchmark stats to our builds.

If I was being greedy, I'd not only ask for more of the list currently published on the Benchmarks but also some other ones, namely Passmark PerformanceTest 8 and NovaBench 3. The reason I specify these two is that they are super simple and easy-to-run benchmarks generated from very small executables. Including these two I think would really help encourage users to add more data on their completed builds. It's easy to think people might be put off by stuff like 3D Mark 11 (and some of the others listed on Benchmarks) simply because they are big downloads, full-screen graphical runs, and only attract gamers rather than all-rounders.

Make any sense?

Comments

• 85 months ago
  • 1 point

+1 I'd at least like to see the new 3dmark added

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube