• No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

matthewhickman06 1 month ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LmgfcY

this is my current rig...looking for some ideas to improve. have been told look to upgrade my processer to something like an i7 or an i9 also been told to get more fans. need some ideas

Comments Sorted by:

Crofter 5 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

Hi there, so do you own this rig? If so what performance deficiencies are you experiencing which prompts the need to upgrade?

matthewhickman06 submitter 1 point 1 month ago

I do own it. I have poor circulation in the room that it is in. Sometimes dropped frames, when im playing games like PUBG, COD BOPS, etc. Really only thing I've considered would be to up the processer to help when I begin streaming(for fun not for profression) as well as add additional intake fans to keep it off the max threshold I have it set at. My current fan settings are at 82C max fan speed at high GPU utilization( if im communicating that effectivly). Id like to keep it a few degrees cooler when I'm pushing it, especially if i'll be streaming while gaming. Not really looking to upgrade the rig but I am asking if there are part deficiencies I should look to improve to maximize productivity as I have spare cash to use.

Crofter 5 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

Do you have the CPU overclocked? That cooler though decent for mild/medium can not sustain high overclocks. Also, have you overclocked the GPU? At 1080p and the games you listed being less multi threaded, you should have good overhead at stock. This will reduce thermals. The case isn't great at ventilation, how many fans have you got currently installed?

Dropped frames, I am assuming streamed frames here, can be associated with a number of factors including your bit rate settings are too high, internet speed, other software clashes e.g. anti virus, might be worth if you haven't already googling the topic. Also, are you using quick sync encoding?

As others have said the highest tier supported processor is an i7 7700k. Which might be worth looking at if other trouble shooting comes to no avail.

matthewhickman06 submitter 1 point 1 month ago

Thanks for asking

Zerk2012 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

Some cases just have bad airflow like yours.

Without just rebuilding. Install 2 of the 140mm fans in the front blowing in and 1 of the 120mm in the back blowing out and a 120mm in the top back blowing out.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/wzM323,CzM323/

For updating the processor the i7 7700k is the best you can get without buying a new motherboard also.

For streaming I would use a R7 2700x or a i7 9700K.

Frame drops are normal unless they drop and stay their.

Flaming.GoolzZz 1 point 1 month ago

idk your budget but here PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor $354.99 @ Walmart
CPU Cooler Corsair - H100i PRO 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $109.89 @ OutletPC
Thermal Compound Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5 g Thermal Paste $6.39 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Asus - ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $231.99 @ Newegg Business
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $703.26
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-18 13:40 EST-0500

The mobo has oc support and the cooler for the cpu is able to handle the 8700k pretty well letting you oc a bit.

[comment deleted by staff]