add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

flamethrower shoveling

Memo1010
  • 14 months ago

Well now that I've got your attention with that title, I am going to explain. Technically I have a bad title because I'm asking about using a flamethrower instead of shoveling, but this title was just too good to not use. Anyways here in Iowa there is lots of snow this time of year, and I hate it. Snow days are nice but I hate shoveling all the snow, it sucks. Last night I was thinking to myself 'why don't you just take a flamethrower and melt it all?'. Outside of flamethrowers being dangerous and likely hard to acquire, but is there any practical reason why this wouldn't work.

I understand that this isn't very realistic, but I just want to talk about it so much cause I love the concept so much (I supposed that any of you living in warming regions won't relate)

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 3 points

This is essentially why: xkcd

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

What the ****...

It works better (in theory) than a large microwave.

• 14 months ago
  • 3 points

I mean this is why snowblowers exist to you don’t accidentally set someone’s landscaping on fire lol

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

but snowblowers are more fun

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you mean flamethrowers? Lol

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Lel whoops

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

When I lived near Milwaukee WI and visited downtown during the winter, some of the sidewalks were heated from below, melting the ice. This is what driveways should have installed. I bet there are some out there.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

That seems so ineffective.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube