add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair ax860i and Corsair ax860

Pit

65 months ago

what are the differences between the 2? I can't really figure anything out other than the prices. but I always thought that the i in the ax860i meant intel.

Comments

• 65 months ago
  • 2 points
  • Corsair AX860: The oem is Seasonic.
  • Corsair AX860i: The oem is Flextronics.

Seasonic has been around for a while and generally has a very good - excellent reputation.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

I believe the "i" stands for intelligent. The major difference is the 860i has Corsair Link whereas the non-i version does not.

From what I have heard, Corsair link is not very good.

• Pit
  • submitter
  • 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Corsair link is the software you can use with corsair products, right? I don't think i would want to use that for the PSU but do you recommend to use it with the Corsair H100i?

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Yup it is. I would use it for the H100i, can see temps, coolant temps, manually change fan speeds/profiles ect.

• Pit
  • submitter
  • 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thanks. This really helps a lot :D

• 65 months ago
  • 0 points

It's actually required for the h100i if you want it to work as intended... For the psu, it is handy as it gives you readings on what the psu is doing, it's condition, and your power draw for various components

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Incorrect. It's not required for the H100i. You don't even need to have the USB cable attached to the cooler in order for it to run properly. It's only required if you want to change the settings to anything other than default. Once changed, the computer can be shut off and the USB detached from the H100i pump and never used again unless you find the need to.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube