add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

F | Need help with choosing a Cooler/AOI

FMoh

3 months ago

I need helping choosing the right cooling system for my build, this will be my first time building so any help would be much appreciated.

An example of all types of Coolers/AIO systems i can use would be a bonus!

Ps. going for a black with white colour scheme.

Thx

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/FMoh/saved/p7FRJx

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. The stock cooler is fine unless you're going for an aggressive overclock, and is black, though it has no LED like the one you added to your list.

2. bequiet! Dark Rock 4, or Dark Rock Pro 4 - IMO two of the best looking and functioning air coolers (both black - no RGB)

3. Cooler Master - Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition - Looks good, price is reasonable, has RGB.

4. ARCTIC - Freezer 33 eSports ONE - black and white - no RGB

5. Noctua coolers are great, and they have a black cover kit/fans available, but becomes pretty expensive as they are addons. - imo wait until they release their black CPU coolers.

6. Cryorig C7 or H7 - both black and white, or the H7 Quad Lumi for RGB on your air cooler

7. bequiet! silent loop 280mm - i would have this if it was available in Canada at a reasonable price

8. EVGA CLC 280 - possibly one of the best performance to dollar AIOs

9. NZXT Kraken x62 - One of the prettiest AIOs with black fans

10. Corsair h115i RGB Platinum - best RGB on an AIO

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Thankyou for your help dreadvolt!

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

NP my friend, I'm a big fan of be quiet fans and coolers, as you're shopping in Europe and the AIO is readily available there, if water cooling is the way you want to go, I'd give it a serious look.

Air cooling can be nearly as good and usually quieter, some of the bigger Air units may/will limit how many of your RGB ram modules you can see. If you like any of the air coolers, check out what you may/may not be giving up in RAM aesthetics if that is important to you.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I have stumbled across the Stealth Wraith Max by AMD, have you heard of this before and know if its any good? its seems quite affordable and is exactly what i am looking for in the Aesthetics department. Also i can get this with my CPU in one hit.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/cpu-cooler-solution

The R5 2600 comes with the AMD Wraith Stealth Cooler (no LED).

AMD only lists the Wraith Max (LED) and the Wraith Stealth on their CPU page.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

This is what i was looking at? Could be wrong... 2600x with MAX cooler.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07KY8HK5J/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube