add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fan Comparison - Noctua vs. Prolimatech?

NekoTaks

8 months ago

Some context before my actual question - I'm gearing up to convert my current PC build from a ITX tower to a SFF shoebox desktop, and have been slowly accumulating the parts for the case swap. One part I need to pick up yet for this case swap is a slim fan for my CPU cooler.

I'm going from a BitFenix Phenom, a pretty darn good case I honestly liked building in, to a Louqe Ghost S1, a pretty and petite lil SFF case. According to Louqe's website, the CPU height restriction is 66mm, and Louqe went through the trouble of testing several lowpro cooler setups to verify fitment and cooling capacity for the Ghost.

The setup I decided to go with was the be quiet! Shadow Rock LP. Louqe validated the setup using a Noctua NF-A12x15 slim fan to reduce the cooler's height to 65mm over the 75mm with the included Pure Wings fan. However, I like builds that are color coordinated, and Noctua's tan and brown won't play nice with the crimson red and silver color scheme I want to go with on this case swap.

After some research over the last 3 months, I've settled on the Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex 12, a slim 120x15 fan competing in the same size form factor as the NF-A12x15, BUT, in a much nicer color choice of black and white. My PC parts are mostly black and gunmetal, with the red and silver coming into play with an upgrade to AMD Radeon VII. The fan will mount on top of the SRLP cooler and will be pushed right up against the side vent of the Ghost, one of the reasons I want a black fan over a tan and brown fan.

Has any one here used the USV12? Any comparisons between the A12x15 and the USV12?

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

What about something like this? It's less than 50mm high.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/Lbhj4D/cryorig-cpu-cooler-c7

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I already decided on the SRLP. lol

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube