add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

best cheap cpu cooler

adamboyce556

3 months ago

Need a cheap CPU cooler... have a 95W TDP processor, dont want to break the bank. air cooling preferred.

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 3 points

What exact CPU? The cooler needed for a 860K vs. a 9900K or will vary.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

r7 1800x

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

M9a would work, H7 would be a nice match.

There are others in the general price range that would work too (Arctic Freezer 33, beQuiet Pure Rock, various low end Scythe's), but if you like the H7 go for it, it's a good cooler.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Budget?

Don't break the bank can mean $30 or even $60.

And $70 for an 240mm AIO is also a decent price. :-P

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Unfortunately water cooling isn’t much of an option due to my current case setup. Atleast not with a 240mm rad. 120mm max

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

For an 8C/16T processor i wouldn't go lower than that, for getting your money's worth. :)

https://www.amazon.com/Mugen-Rev-CPU-Cooler-Support/dp/B06ZYB8K77/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Mugen+5&qid=1550557561&s=gateway&sr=8-1

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

lol, you got it to another level.

Athlon X4 860K vs 9900K. :-P

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

cryorig m9a/i or h7.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

saw the H7, liked it so right now its on my list

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Having a 95 TDP CPU doesn't say much!

The i5-8600K, the Ryzen 2600X and the i9-9900K have a 95 TDP rating.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

R7 1800x

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Based on current prices and given you have a Ryzen 7 1800x, you could go with something like the Scythe Fuma Rev. B, which is pretty good for its price. link

The Cryorig M9a is decent if you are just looking for a basic cooler at the $25 mark. Don't expect the best temps or overclocking, though.

While not 'cheap' the $80 price point gets you some of the best air coolers on the market, such as the Thermalright Le Grand Macho and be quiet Dark Rock Pro 4. I mention these just to give you an idea of what the upper end costs, since you didn't specify a budget.

Cryorig H7 used to be a good value, but at $40 now I'd go with the other options at that price point like the Scythe Fuma or Mugen, or the Thermalright Macho Direct.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Is the H7 that high now? Hmm. Yeah, Macho Direct starts looking real good.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

That was the cheapest I could find in a quick search. I wasn't going to believe this price, haha.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Dunno why the H7 is much cheaper in Canada lol

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

It used to be cheaper here. Don't know what happened. :/

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

its like $50CAD here (1USD = 1.33 CAD)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube