add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

H150i Pro Performance Increase with ML120 Pro 75CFM Fans

Wrobo

3 months ago

Hi All,

I am doing a bit of research on AIO cooling. I have seen some reviews that state the H150i Pro is supposed to be more of a quiet cooler than performance cooler (eg EVGA CLC 280). The stock fans of the H150i Pro cooler go to 47.3 CFM a pop if I remember correctly.

If I was to replace the 3 x 47.3 CFM ML120's with 3 x 75 CFM ML120's, would this improve the cooling performance of the AIO? I am guessing it might. My next question is what might happen to the decibels in increasing CFM capability (mimimal difference or an order of magnitude)?

Yes I understand using the 75CFM fans does add cost to the H150i Pro solution, however, I can afford to cover the costs involved.

If anyone has any experience with this, I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Logic says, that if you change the stock fans with higher rpm ones, the cooling performance will be better and as a downside, if you run them at full speed the AIO will be noisier.

Now, as these fans seems to be the same but with a higher RPM rating and a higher SP rating as well (up to 4.2 mmH2O for the 75s vs 1.78 mmH2O of the stock ML fans), I'm sure that will be the case. :)

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

If you are looking at spending $150+ on an AIO, look at EK fluid gaming, on par with other AIOs and offers expansion to GPU.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I use the H150i Pro at the moment and its fariyl quiet even with an I7-8700K with only the MCE activated into the BIOS. It barely starts ramping up after extended hours of more CPU intensive tasks.

The ML120 Pro are actually extremely powerful fans and should not give you any problem. They actually have a higher H20 rating than the stock fans provided and shouldnt give you less cooling performance, it would actually be the opposite.

Note that the ML120 Pro arent the same as the ML120 or the ML140 in terms of performance though.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube