add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PCPP flags CRYORIG M9a not having compatible AM4 mount with B450 pro carbon, is this correct?

ososoba

2 months ago

This is the compatibility note I get

The CRYORIG - M9a 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler may require a separately available mounting adapter to fit the MSI - B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX AM4 Motherboard.

I'm having to ship this in from a very far place, so I don't want to get disappointed. Amazon's website says it comes with an AM4 bracket. So it is a bracket issue or board issue? Or is this error wrong?

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

It's a safety feature from PCPP about that cooler and similar ones.

That cooler comes with an AM4 bracket inside the Box for any AM4 chip-set board right now.

However there is always a small chance, that you may purchase a M9a CPU cooler from an older stock.

Then the AM4 bracket is not included in the Box!

And that's why the warning from PCPP.

Amazon's website says it comes with an AM4 bracket.

Now, if Amazon claims that this cooler comes AM4 ready out of the Box, then most probably that's true and you should definitely purchase that cooler from Amazon. :)

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome.

Thanks for explaining. One of the more recent reviews from a 2018 purchase confirms they come with an AM4 bracket so I'd roll the dice on this one.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

And Cryorig homepage says the same.

Scroll down to Specification & Details

Motherboard Compatibility:

[M9a]

FM1, FM2/+, AM2/+, AM3/+, AM4

Question: Is this compatible with AM4 or come with AM4 bracket?

Answer: Yes it’s AM4 compatible

By CRYORIG Official Store SELLER  on September 15, 2018

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube