add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO

ICTav8r

8 months ago

Anyone have this? I read some reviews somewhere, and people were saying the tubing was somewhat short. Apparently, they were unable to do front mounts in some cases, even in Thermaltake cases. I've got a full-size case on the way (TT View 71 Snow) and was wondering if anyone had thoughts on whether it would reach to the front of the case. I can always mount it on top, but the plan was to do a front mount.

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Looking at other builds with that configuration it seems that the tubing is to short to put the aio in front.

You can put it on top like https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Xtq48d or on the side https://pcpartpicker.com/b/PdWD4D

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Good find! Thanks for sharing that.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, if I end up having to mount this on top, then I may go with 280 radiator instead. Everyone has said a 360 is overkill for an i5-9600K (I want an AIO for aesthetics), so how would a 280 AIO do for an overclocked 9600K? What about an overclocked i7-9700K? There's a chance I may upgrade to that CPU.

(Edit- I kinda want to stick with a Floe Riing AIO to get the ring fans. Planning on more Riing fans for the case.)

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

If you think about it there isn't really a big difference between a 360mm and a 280mm.

Surface area 280mm= 140mm*280mm= 39200mm2

Surface area 360mm= 120mm*360mm= 43200mm2

So temps between those aio's the difference won't be more then between 1 and 3 degrees really.

The 9700k will be a bit hotter then the 9600k since it has 2 more cores and threads to cool. But all depends also on the voltage used so i can't really give you exact temps but both the 360mm and 280mm aio should have no problems to cool any of those cpu's (again depending on voltages mostly).

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Good point! I didn't even think to figure out the surface area. Thanks, Enrico411!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube