add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is this power supply good enough ?

Dacorncob

69 months ago

Pcpartpicker says that it needs 384 watt and my power supply is 430.

But i have a mouse and keyboard that has backlight. And the power supply is only 80+ bronze

So is my power supply good enough?

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Dacorncob/saved/4gAs

(Also, what do you think of my build?)

Comments

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

430W is enough but it only has 28A on the 12V rail and that PSU will be working a lot harder and wont last as long. I would go for a Corsair CX500M or better yet an XFX 450W (It's about £35) that 450W has 34A on the 12V which is better than the CX430 with just 28A.

That build is flawless but assuming you are using that 64GB SSD for the OS it will fill up quickly and you will have problems (All software stores some small files in the C drive regardless if you install the software in another HDD) so it will really fill up quickly. I would suggest a 120GB SSD minimum but even i'm starting to have problems with my 120GB SSD. Also why haven't you listed a proper HDD? I am assuming you have an old one to throw in.

Also I would recommend the Corsair 200R case as it's easier to build in and better for cable management and has much better build quality but it you prefer the look of the Z11 that's fine because the Z11 does have quite a few features.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

All my programs is gonna be on a 1tb extarnal hard disk

Then im gonna go for a cx500m

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

You might be pushing the PSU to the limit. My opinion, do not work the gpu very hard until you upgrade the psu. Another 50-100w will give you enough breathing room. Trust me, suffering a PSU explosion CAN cause all kinds of system issues, however unlikely. Its risky, so dont push it too hard. The 270x series gpu's are great on idle power, however will pull around 150w at heavy usage.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

ok

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube