add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is the Ryzen 5 2600 stock cooler good for overclocking or do I need another one?

ASniperwithnoaim

9 months ago

I am planning to overclock the Ryzen 5 2600 and I wondered if I could overclock it with the stock cpu cooler that comes with it or if I need to buy another cooler.

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 3 points

There is minimal headroom left on the stock Stealth with the 2600 you might be able to squeeze out 50-100mhz over normal boost clocks if you manually set the fan to 100% all the time but that really depends on the chip as well.

You would be better off getting an aftermarket model or just getting a 2600X/1700 which comes with a better cooler anyway.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you, I will look at some coolers. Do you have any suggestions?

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

My friend is doing fine with a 2600X stock cooler

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

2600X comes with the Wraith Spire not the Stealth the 2600 comes with.

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

I know, it's still a good experience with a stock cooler though

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

For the Spire Yes.

Stealth is a Intel stock heatsink with a ducted fan.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Still, a good experience with an AMD stock cooler

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Gqp323/cryorig-cpu-cooler-m9a

Going with a R5 2600 myself and also planning to OC. From what I have gathered over the months is the stock cooler for the 2600 is not that great for OC so I went with the Cryorig M9a (I am going itx).

There are others (not sure what size of case/MB you going) but the M9a does not interfere with the RAM area so you can use whatever ram height you want without the fan/cooler getting in the way.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube