• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

plutonium_239 1 month ago

I klnow that from my research, peolpe say that you need some particular conversion brackets to use old coolers on the am4. I find myself in a peculiar situation though, as my liquid cooler by corsair (i dont have the model number) seems to install onto the brackets that seem to me the same as the am4 stock brackets (the ones u remove off the am4 board before installing most coolers). The installation is abit different as there are two thumb screws (top and bottom) that are connected to a sort of hook that latches on to the part of the bracket that slightly sticks out on both sides. I dont know if ive explained this clear enough, but i willl link a picture to how my cooler looks in my am3 board my main question is, are THESE brackets the same as on the am4? they seem the same to me: any help would be appreciated!

picture of my cooler:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p6zUZQhTD8IzvXAvLH_hTRvd-hf5iNcU/view?usp=sharing

Comments Sorted by:

Gilroar 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

Those use the stock cooler mounting brackets so it will work.

The holes for mounting the brackets changed with AM4 but the size and spacing of the bracket hooks stayed the same so AMD could use the Wraith Max cooler already in production.

plutonium_239 submitter 1 point 1 month ago

thank you so much!