add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking for an air cooler to install with my build

Astastruerival28

9 months ago

Here is my build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/989yP3 I am building my first pc and I am trying to find an air cooler for a little bit of overclocking headroom. I am also open to any opinions on my other parts that I have listed here.

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

Your 2600X comes with a Wraith Spire stock cooler included in the box. If you clean off the stock paste and replace with something fancier, like Thermal Grizzly, you might find it does the job just fine. I've also read that there's very little OC headroom with the 2600X and 2700X (which I have), given the efficiency and effectiveness of the Ryzen 2nd gen Boost technology.

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

Awesome thats exactly the answer I was looking for. good on you for helpin me out.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

My pleasure!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube