add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best cup cooler for i9 9900k

Ahmed.naser

8 months ago

Hi whose the best cup cooler from this company Corsair h150i pro 360mm Nzxt x62 280mm

I use pc for gaming and render

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

Well just get a decent Air cooler, and don't overclock.

That board should handle an stock running i9-9900K if it's proper cooled. :)

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Even so, I would certainly suggest getting above the rated TDP for such a CPU, in case it does want to wind up the speeds in turbo. If for nothing else, so that it isn't throttling as rough or as often as it would on a less capable cooler.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

For getting a decent air cooller you should definitely be way above the 95 TDP rating of that 8 core hyper threaded processor.

On regular gaming and if you don't stress test the system with Prime 95 (AVX) you will definitely not have any temp problems, as the power consumption isn't that much really.

https://img.purch.com/image005-png/w/755/aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9DLzYvODA1MjU0L29yaWdpbmFsL2ltYWdlMDA1LnBuZw==

If you start running heavy stress test programs over time on all 8 cores, it can lead to CPU throttling as the power consumption shoots to the roof and the processor is very difficult to be cooled.

https://img.purch.com/image007-png/w/755/aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9DLzkvODA1MjU3L29yaWdpbmFsL2ltYWdlMDA3LnBuZw==

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Many budget air coolers are going to be rated above 95w tdp anyhow. The Be Quiet Pure Rock slim that is often found under $30 is 120w tdp and the hyper 212 evo is rated for 150w tdp. Many other budget coolers out there will be in that range and high end air coolers are enough to show up and beat some of the 240mm AIO coolers. Just don't underestimate what a decent air cooler can do.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I've only ever been disappointed with air coolers, especially since AIO's have been a thing. Air coolers from before that time have been good and sturdy. Not since.

Case in point, i have a couple of different hyper 212 clones (silenx efz-120ha5, enermax ets-120fit) and despite their advertising they don't keep temperatures under control, as they ship. In every usage, I've had to use the (option) to add a second case fan to make them usable, to the tune of $10+ per fan.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

The air cooler I am using on my CPU is a beast. This will show the temps I get with a Dark Rock Pro 3 cooler on an 1800x OC to 4.0 GHz @ 1.381v. Even when adding the GPU in the mix and only doing the FPU test on the CPU I still can't get my CPU to hit 60c. Had a discussion about this with Mark5916 the matter in this thread. As throttle temps are 100c I got over 40c of thermal headroom on the cpu so that is more than enough cooling though that is a high end air cooler that beats some of the 240mm AIO coolers on the market.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Need more info before an appropriate answer can be given. What is your motherboard for the 9900K? Are you running stock? Overclocked? Modding the chip at all? What is your goal? Silence? Pushing clocks? Temps? What is your ambient temp at presently? Are you using the cpu at a tdp constrained mode? Unlimited mode? Automatic overclocking? Manual tuning?

The board selection (including bios, settings, and power delivery) play as much of a factor.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

My motherboard is Asus z390 gaming H I9 9900k Stock

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you running it in TDP constrained mode, by chance? There should be a bios option somewhere to set a target tdp for the processor.

If you do have it set to the rated 95w then, you might even be able to get away with a good tower air cooler. But if you have any aspirations for say, running all core speed for 5GHz, you will want all the cooling your case will allow. As far as AIO's go, radiators are mostly equal among each other since they're all sourced from the same (few) places. A larger rad can afford more headroom, with at most needing to replace the provided fans for something with more static pressure.

In my case on my 5820k, the $40 coolermaster AIO and its stock fans were awful and let the thing hike up happily past 70c at stock. Replacing them eventually to a set of Corsair SP120's and reseating the block dropped my peak load temps by 10 degrees C. If i could, i would have gone for those MagLev fans, but i didn't have the $25~30/fan asking price.

So on that aspect, get the biggest radiator your case or room allows, and just expect to upgrade/replace the fans if temps aren't to your liking.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Here's a cup cooler and warmer! Amazon link here

• 8 months ago
  • 0 points

EVGA 280mm.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube