• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

UltraNoob123 1 month ago

I saw a linus tech tips vid where he tested this https://www.amazon.com/Innovation-Cooling-Graphite-Thermal-Pad/dp/B07CKVW18G/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=IC+Graphite+thermal+pad&qid=1552162413&s=gateway&sr=8-2&tag=linus21-20 thermal pad and it didnt seem to shabby. Have anyone tried it and how was your expirience with it?

Comments Sorted by:

Wesley88 1 point 1 month ago

Thermal Grizzly is releasing their own version of that called Carbonaut. It should be coming out soon™

Tetsuclaw 5 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

From review videos I have seen it works as well as a mid rate thermal paste but has the advantage of being reusable over and over again. From mid rate to top of the line thermal paste you are only talking about a couple degrees at best difference anyhow so I don't think that is deal breaker on it.

I would still use the thermal paste that comes with my cooler as it will often perform around the same if not a degree or 2 better (since high end coolers often give better thermal paste). If I run out of thermal paste and only need it for a single system then the thermal pad seems like an attractive option. Though it can't be shared with multiple PCs a tube of thermal paste can cover multiple.