add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best Air or Water Cooling for 8700k?

Storm55

8 months ago

I would like your suggestions on which is the best CPU cooler for an 8700k. Also, the case I have is a Fractal Design Meshify C TG. I don't know if certain coolers a different in sizes or they all come in the same shape and size.

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

In terms of cooling liquid and air is about the same but liquid is often way more expencive. I think liquid cooler look better but there is a lot of good looking air coolers as well. Which one depends on how much you are going to overclock

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I want to overclock my CPU from 4.8ghz to 5.0ghz. Around that. I was thinking of buying the Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4.

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

Seems like a good choice, just make sure that it can fit in your case

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

and with your ram

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Low profile ram should be able to fit under the cooler's intake fan and if push comes to shove then that fan can simply be moved to the back for a pull configuration.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube