add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4 noise versus Wraith Prism

mroshaw

8 months ago

Very happy overall with my build (https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/9nr6Mp) but I have a niggling problem with the noise coming from the Wraith Prism cooler when the machine is idle. It's just a kind of electrical "buzz" accompanied by a faint whirring of the fans. I don't know if it's genuinely "noisy" or if I've just become obsessed with focussing on it when the room is otherwise deathly quiet. My Zotac RTX 2070 only becomes noisy when the fans kick in full during intense gameplay, and even then it's just a blowing noise, not an electrical buzz noise.

Would a Dark Rock 4 or equivalent make a noticeable difference to the sound profile of my setup? As anyone replaced a stock Wraith Prism with something else that's greatly reduced the idle fan noise? Am I just imagining the "noise" in the first place?!

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

Dark Rock 4 is very quiet. I'll hear my GPU and my 2200/1600 RPM high speed exhaust fans long before I hear my CPU cooler.

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

The be quiet coolers (dark rock 4 included) are seriously quiet. They are usually almost impossible to hear even under full load. Plus, the cooler itself is bigger so the cpu temperatures will be lower and the fan won't have to ramp up as much.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

same with noctura to.

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

Here is everything you wanna know. :)

AMD Wraith Prism VS be quiet! Dark Rock 4 on 2700X

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, I should have Googled it, shouldn't I?! Thank you for that link, I'll have a look through! :)

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah nice video review and explains everything pretty well.

Have fun! :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube