• No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

FMoh 1 month ago

Hi All first time builder,

Just wanted to ask if i am able to change the Cooler Master 120mm fans to any other 120mm fans, If so will it affect its performance?

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/gFfhzY

Thankyou!

Comments Sorted by:

Planet_shone 1 point 1 month ago

You can change them out, and if you get fans with better static pressure, you will get a bit of a performance bump. I would tell you what ones to look for, but I myself don't know which fans other than noctua have good static pressure...

FMoh submitter 1 point 1 month ago

Thankyou for your help, i am hoping to add the arctic 120mm fans in my description as they are white also they look like they have good reviews for the price :)

noneanyoneveryone 1 point 1 month ago

You can basically get any static pressure fans and they will perform good. Most people look at CFM (amount of air flow) and dB (noise level's) to make their choice. I like Noctua's (500-1500RPM's) and the Bequiets (500-1600RPM's) because they provide excellent airflow and are pretty quiet compared to other brands. And, at those RPM level's you can have them running real slow, quiet, and cool but set the fan curve to ramp up under full load. Avoid the high RPM fans that go from (800-3000) because they sound like jet engines at full load. I believe Arctic fans have good airflow and are quiet too, but check for yourself to be sure. I have a 92mm Arctic F9 on the NZXT G12 GPU mod and it's very quiet.

Tetsuclaw 5 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

You do get diminishing returns when you add more powerful fans but it still may add performance either in ways of noise and/or cooling. The cost of a hyper 212 plus 2 high end Noctua fans will be more than a better performing air cooler from be quiet.