• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

ItzKaiz 28 days ago

Hello building a computer need to know the best cooling options for the intel i5 9600k. I will be using it to play games at 1080p, 1440p and 4k. I might be over clocking.

Parts list;

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/pP7fTB

Help appreciated thank you.

Comments Sorted by:

ItzKaiz submitter 1 point 27 days ago

thank you mark

mark5916 1 point 27 days ago

What i did here, except the added price for that Logitech G513 Carbon keyboard...

Changed the board with a cheaper unit.

The Asus will do, but the MSI is cheaper and definitely not inferior than the Asus one.

I would even say, the MSI should be better. It uses 1 more phase for the CPU and has damn good heat-sinks over the mosfets.

Doubled the capacity of the SSD drive.

Superior PSU unit from Corsair

Last but not least, changed the CPU cooler with a better one for overclocking purposes. (includes good quality syringe thermal past too)

Now if you exclude the keyboard price, you will realize the end price of my build is the same as yours but with better parts!

So, that's a WIN. :)

it defiantly is thank you very much

mark5916 1 point 27 days ago

You're welcome :)

but the reason i wanna get corsair keyboard and mouse is because of the app the lets you connect all your rgb things and give them the same color and pattern, and logitech isnt one of the brands that is compatible with it.

and also will the fan come with pre applied thermal paste or do i need to get my own