add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

i5 7600k i5 8600k i5 9600k vs i7 8700k i7 7700k

bbjlfvr

5 months ago

Which is a better choice for overall performance?

Mostly for photo and video editing, rendering, streaming and other office tasks that include spreadsheets data - 80% and rest 20% is for occasional gaming (not hardcore).

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Which is a better choice for overall performance?

From all these above mentioned CPU's, the...

i7-8700K.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Could u please tell me why its better choice? Thanks

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Because that's a processor with 12 logical cores thus been performance wise better than the other mentioned CPUs.

Also it relies on the latest LGA1151 v2 socket boards. :)

So performance wise it should look like the below...

i7-8700K>i5-9600K>i5-8600K>i7-7700K>i5-7600K

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

A ryzen cpu would probably be a better option. Something like a 2600x or a 2700x, depending on your budget, should be good enough.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

8700K is the most powerful CPU out of the one's you've picked but I'd take a look at the 9700K as the IHS on that chip is actually soldered and it's equivalent to an 8700K which will run far hotter due to the low quality thermal compound between the die and the IHS.

Of course, from a value perspective, a Ryzen 7 2700X would work very well if you need to prioritise the number of threads for rendering and it has enough single core grunt to run Photo editors and game.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

i5 7600k and i7 7700k are not worth your attention. Good chips, but a gen no longer supported.

Cannot go wrong with i5 8600k or i7 8700k. Not the best chips for the workloads you want but will certainly do a decent job without breaking the bank. I personally would look at Ryzen 7 2700X for this build.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Is the Ryzen 7 2700x good for both photo/video editing & rendering as well as gaming?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes it is a good all round CPU that is on a platform that will receive support from AMD for the forseeable future. Get B450 motherboard and you have an upgrade path in future.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Guys, which card would you recommend besides the mentioned GPU?

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube