add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Dark Rock Pro 4

DrSocha

4 months ago

Would the temperature difference be "very" noticeable if I only used a fan on the middle and perhaps the second one on the left also working as a pull configuration(fan | heatsink | fan | heatsink)? 2 case intake fans and perhaps exhaust/ the second fan placement would serve as an exhaust though so I don't see the need for another one. H500 case and Zen 2 3600/3600x no matter what the benchmarks will be(upgrading from i3-4160 so I'll be alright). I like planning ahead even if it's far. What's your opinion, is that too crazy? Thank you.

Planning something like this build(same ram or G.skill).

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Kyle @ BitWit tests this here, and even tries to run it 100% passively (no fans).

The 2nd (front) fan doesn't add a lot to the cooling solution (at least in the video). The internal / mid fan is a different story.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Just discovered this after I made the post, thanks for the help, really appreciated.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Glad to help. I'm planning on upgrading to the DRP4 myself but I want to get ram that fits under it at the same time.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube