add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

120mm Fan Case

mfctrouble

4 months ago

Hi all I am quite new to customizing PC's and my apologizes if this question is in the wrong section

Recently one of my fans went out so I purchased a new one.

I seen at the bottom of my case there is a space for a fan, but after some research, most agree that a fan at the bottom of a case is a bad idea, so I got to thinking I would like to light my PC up a bit and thought I would use my old fan (with the blades removed) and place some led lights inside and cover it up with a custom fan cover. The old fan I had was transparent, but I would like to have it black, so my question is, without going out and buying a new black fan and removing the middle, is there anything that I can buy that would do this job? I have searched about quite a bit for "fan enclosures" "Fan Parts" etc... but the closet thing I have seen is the rubber fan gaskets and they would work okay but there are no holes for screws, the other option I seen was the Silverstone SST-FG122 but my PC don't have the right connections for it and I just want one color light, any help would be appreciated very much

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

To clarify: One of your fans broke, and you bought a replacement, and now you want to use your non-functional fan as a light-source? In addition, the old non-functional fan is transparent, and you would prefer it to be black? I'm not sure what you're asking so feel free to correct me.

Seems like a waste of time and money to buy other parts for something like this. Have you considered an LED strip?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

First of all, thank you for the reply

In short, I would like to find a black case that is the same size as a 120mm fan, and has the same holes for screws as a 120mm fan, is there anything on the market like this?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Off hand, the closest thing I could think of is things like grills and dust covers like these: This This or This

Note: Those are just examples after a quick google search, I cannot vouch for the validity of the ebay sellers.

I would try searching further into "fan filters" and "fan grills" for what you're looking for if you're going to find it, or if you're really committed to this idea you could look into custom 3d printed parts to the dimensions you need.

Edit: Someone else is most definitely more knowledgeable than me in regard to custom PC parts, but best of luck finding what you're looking for

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube