add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Custom Loop troubles

Adrew24

7 months ago

I have a couple questions about my custom loop. I hope these aren't serious problems.

1. My reservoir has only one port on the top, so I've been filling the loop through my radiator which is top-mounted. Is this advisable, or is there a better way?

2. There are small bits of debris in the reservoir. Should I drain the loop and refill?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I cant see an issue with filling through the radiator although im probably not the best one to answer that.

debris could jam the pump, depending on how large it is. are you just using water or custom coolant?

Remember to flush out the loop once first to clear it of any loose bits of debris.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I already flushed with vinegar. I'm using distilled water with a bit of biocide in it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube