add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cooler Master MasterCase H500 building question

RilCritch

4 months ago

Hello, fellow pc builders,

I'm planning my first full build. I've only done small upgrades( memory and storage ). I'm planning on getting a cooler master H500 case and a Corsair H100i RGB Platinum 240mm AIO. I plan to put the radiator at the front of the case to fill up the space that is there in this particular case. I want to make sure when I start purchasing everything that I have everything I need. I want to put the RGB fans included at the top of the case for a nice presentation, so I was wondering if I can just use the 2 200mm fans including with the case and just put the radiator straight on the front of the case, or should I use 2 extra 120mm fans between the 200mm fans and the radiator?

Thank you.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

You can only mount one 200mm RGB fan at the top of the Case!

So either you mount the AIO at the front and one 200mm RGB fan at the top, or you leave the two 200mm front RGB fans as they are, and mount the AIO at the top.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I run the masterbox MB530P, and had a similar question to yours before I built mine. I will suggest you putting your AIO cooler on the top of the case, with fans pushing out through the radiator to the top of case. You can put the radiator on the front of the case, however there is a bit of an airflow limitation in the space available for the front fans to draw from, and you don't want to pull air in through the radiator into the case as that would just raise ambient temps inside your case.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube