add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

TX 750M or CX 750M?

mowtom

65 months ago

I'm looking at possibly purchasing one of these units (if it's the TX, probably today since Newegg is having a deal on it) and I was curious if the extra 15$ justified the possible increase in quality. I know that the TX series are very solid (not sure if the modular units are made by the same manufacturer) and both have single 12V rails. I only plan on doing modest overclocking on the CPU (nothing crazy) and possibly SLI or Crossfire in the future, so I didn't know if the CX line would suit my needs. Thanks again!

Comments

• 65 months ago
  • 2 points

Buy the TX; it's on a whole different level than the CX models. CX is budget and TX is enthusiast. The extra $15 is worth it especially if you plan to overclock or SLI/Crossfire.

• 65 months ago
  • 2 points

The CX line would work for your needs, but I'd still get the TX. Higher quality components, different OEMs etc etc.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for all of your inputs! I was about to purchase the TX, but I managed to win a bid on this unit: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1650xxxb9

Does this one fare well? It was listed as a tier 2 I believe

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube