add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Aio and fans problem

marceldumat

4 months ago

Hey I have an 13 8100 and gtx1050 ti and I’m gonna buy a aio soon but idk where to put it the choice are 240 front or 240 top or 360 top and which ever is the best where do I put my case fan and exhaust or intake ? My case is Roswell tyrfing

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

The i3-8100 is a low powered chip. The included stock cooler can keep it well within its safe temps. I would not even bother spending the money on an AIO (especially a 240mm+ one) as it will not improve performance at all. A budget cooler like the Pure Rock Slim or the Cryorig M9i and several other budget coolers make less noise than the Intel stock cooler and make less noise. Sure they also cool better than the stock cooler too but that is not a concern on a mear locked i3 CPU.

• 4 months ago
  • 0 points

I know but I still want an aio

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Well if it is something you want then doing some digging on completed builds I found this:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/6DMZxr

It really does not matter where you put the radiator as when cooling much higher and overclocked CPUs the heat from a high end graphics card can increase the CPU temps by a couple of degrees if it is used for exhaust or if intake the CPU heat can affect GPU temps by a similar amount. As it is by a couple of degrees difference on high end hardware and in that application does not matter much but on your hardware it would matter much less.

• 4 months ago
  • 0 points

H60 is plenty of cooler can mount it in the top back blowing out.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/F2rmP6/corsair-h60-2018-572-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-cw-9060036-ww

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

also make sure it fits the top area of the case. some cases say they fit a aio but on top. but some dont.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

ah ok. nice. yeah the one i have. its to big compare to the board and case.

• 4 months ago
  • 0 points

Hey! Just letting you know, for the 8100, you don't need anything more than an air cooler. But, I totally understand if you want to water cool. It looks awesome.

With the Tryfing, there is room for up to a 360mm radiator. Since you only have an i3-8100, you're not going to need a huge radiator, as there will not be a whole lot of heat coming off of that thing.

Put it on the top. Airflow in the front of the Tryfing isn't very good (as it seems in pictures) as there is little to no ventilation. I'd put the radiator on the top also as the side panel on the Tryfing isn't very large, you may not be able to fully appreciate it in the front IF you can't see it from where your chair is in the front of the case.

Whether you have it as intake or exhaust really doesn't matter that much, as the difference is usually only a degree or two. I'd have them as intake, so the fans look best. Especially if they have LEDs. Just make sure than there is a case fan or two as exhaust to balance it out.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube