add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

in-ear + mic headphones

parts101

6 months ago

• in-ear (in-ear is somewhat known to be better than other options at blocking out noise if the in-ear fits well)

• mic (has a mic on it, less moving parts = overall better)

• cant think of anything else, should there be anything else?

• please link

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Is this a question? I'm assuming you are asking for recommendations for this combination...

I run this setup and like it a lot:

The splitter separates the mic and headphones into separate plugs that go right into the mic and audio jacks on the back of my computer. Then I have a 4-pole extension on the splitter that lays on the desk next to my keyboard where I can plug the SoundSport into the extension.

I've also run this setup on my previous computer without the extension by just going into the splitter on front panel mic / headphone jacks. But the SoundSport cable isn't that long and it is nice to have an extra 3 feet or more to run the cable somewhere comfortably out of the way.

The mic works well and surprisingly seems to have similar or less background noise than my friends gaming headsets. It works well in Discord activating with my voice but doesn't pick up my keyboard or other on-desk noises.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

this seems to be the headphones https://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundSport-ear-headphones-741776-0010/dp/B0117RFOEG

• have you found there to be a good site to filter, and find headphones like this?

splitter separates the mic and headphones into separate plugs that go right into the mic and audio jacks on the back of my computer

• what's the purpose or use of this thing? is it needed?

• if needed, does the headphone not already come with this?

4-pole extension on the splitter that lays on the desk next to my keyboard where I can plug the SoundSport into the extension.

• what's the purpose or use of this thing? is it needed?

• if needed, does the headphone not already come with this?

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

have you found there to be a good site to filter, and find headphones like this?

Maybe something like https://www.head-fi.org/. I usually just go with what looks like it works well. Particularly, I really like the bose "StayHear" style tips that hook into the ear. I don't know others that have this design. I've been using these style Bose for a while and keep coming back to them.

what's the purpose or use of this thing? is it needed?

The headphones are a 4-pole connector which usually doesn't work in a computer soundcard. The ports on the computer are going to have one for mic input and one for audio output. The splitter separates the single connector of the headphones so that the mic and audio are separate and can be plugged into the mic and audio ports of the soundcard. It isn't needed on devices like phones because they natively support 4-pole 3.5mm connectors. The Bose headphones don't come with this splitter.

what's the purpose or use of this thing? is it needed?

No, it isn't strictly needed if the headphones will reach the ports of the computer. But on my machine the Bose headphone cable with the splitter isn't long enough to reach all the way to the back of my computer.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

headphones are a 4-pole connector which usually doesn't work in a computer soundcard.

oh cos this headphone not meant for pc yea?

Bose headphone cable with the splitter isn't long enough to reach all the way to the back of my computer.

did they not make this heaphone for computer?

• ports on the computer are going to have one for mic input and one for audio output

• splitter separates the single connector of the headphones so that the mic and audio are separate

• and can be plugged into the mic and audio ports of the soundcard.

y just go with what looks like it works well. Particularly, I really like the bose "StayHear"

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

What exactly are you asking?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube