add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

rattling coming from radiator

tech_geek100

7 months ago

there is a strange rattle coming from my radiator, it is above the pump on the upper fan slot. (that doesn't seem to be a likely cause) this is the fan i have on it

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Radiators do not have any moving parts to cause vibrations so it has the be something that moves. I would look at the fans and see if any of them are making any excessive vibrations. You might just have loose screws that need tightening or you could have a bad fan. The other possibility is something loose on the case right near the radiator that is making that rattling sound.

Having my PC making noise like that would drive me nuts lol.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

it kinda sounds like plastic is rattling, if it tap moderately on it, it stops.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube