add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cryorig M9i installation issue

SummitEagle

4 months ago

I have tightened the thumbscrews all the way onto the threads of the screws (Hexagon Pillars), which go through the backplate and the mounting bars. The issue is there is about 3/4 of an inch of play with the installation rig, even with the thumbscrews tighten completely, it can move up and down and is not secure. I do not want to install the cooler in this condition.

Mobo: ASRock z370 Extreme4 (I recently received this mobo through an RMA. The M9i attached fine on the previous Extreme4 that was defective and RMA'ed) CPU: Intel i5 8500

Cryorig M9 installation instructions http://www.cryorig.com/inst_guide_dl.php?id=15

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I would have to guess you have the 2 bars that connect the 4 posts from the motherboard mount upside down. IIRC they look upside down when you put them on the right way so it may be easy to get it backwards.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the bars in the correct orientation according to the manufacturer's instructions.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

https://youtu.be/-JyY2akopSc?t=427

That is what I meant by my comment. Double check that video about the quirk on that bracket and check your install to see if that is your issue.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I have it the correct way as shown in that video.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I bought a M9a for my R5 2600 to be put on a MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC and using the back plate that came with the MB it was still slight loose because it is designed to do that. Once I screwed the cooler itself on the bracket the whole CPU/cooler/MB tightened. Of course it might be work the same for a Intel MB/CPU.

Once you have the CPU and mounting bracket on (bracket will be slightly loose) you put the cooler on and as you screw the cooler it tightens the connection of the cooler/CPU and the tension evens out across the area of the CPU. It is designed that way so the tension is even across the MB/CPU to make sure the CPU area is not uneven/warped as the CPU/cooler makes contact/meshed together.

Hopes this helps.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

It was more than slightly loose. I went another direction and bought and installed a Noctua NH-D9L. It fits snug.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube