add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fake Watercooling Rig for Aesthetics?

soulventic

7 months ago

My inspiration for this is the GreenHorn Dragon build, and the watercooling in the back looks so nice, it reminds me of a aventum x pc from digitalstorm.

So my idea, without spending 300$+, i can fake a watercooling look by having a reservoir and petg tubing with ek coolant flowing through the back without actually being attached to anything. Would that be possible?

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

It should work just fine. I don't see how it could be a problem. :)

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you.

If you have any idea, is there any other way of containing the water thats around $50?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

You can just get a hose/tube and fill it with water and seal it tight. You don't really need a reservoir, unless you want it to be part of your (fake) water loop.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

what should I seal it with, like a valve fitting or something?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah. A ball valve connector with a plug (just for safe measures) would be fine. But really, anything that works is good. You can DIY something for yourself.

I'm not that experienced with this, but I'm sure in a hardware store they can tell you all about what sort of sealing they have in store for tubes.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube