add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fractal Design R6 Bottom Fans and PSU cable management.

JoReckit

1 month ago

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/fractal-design-define-r6-review,2.html

This picture shows the Fractal Design R6 can support up to 2 140mm fans at the bottom. I took a look and it seems like you can definitely fit one comfortably, but I can't see how you can fit the other one as it is too close to all the psu cables. Do you need some major psu cable management to be able to fit another fan in there? Has anyone here successfully installed two 140mm fans in the bottom of this case? Please let me know thanks.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

I've got a Define R6 that's waiting on some other parts for my upgrade. With two NF-A14 fans installed in the bottom positions, it's got roughly 180mm/7.09" of space for a PSU.

Good thing you prompted me to check that, too, because both of the new PSUs I'm looking at are 180mm in length.

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

Lol, glad I could help.

• 28 days ago
  • 2 points

I'm wondering if maybe 1x140mm and 1x120mm would leave enough space. I guess it would depend on how stiff the PSU cables are.

• 27 days ago
  • 1 point

That's what I was thinking too. Just ordered 2x140mm; one for bottom and for the top. I may try adding more later now.

• 25 days ago
  • 2 points

I'm getting my upgraded PSU soon. I'll let you know how much space there is once I can install it and check.

• 23 days ago
  • 2 points

So, the new PSU arrived, and here's what I found:

There's actually some space between the PSU and the second fan; I'd estimate maybe 20mm or so. Depending on how the back panel of your PSU is arranged, it actually might not block any cables. I couldn't quite make mine fit, but it looks like there's definitely enough room there for a 120mm fan.

I'd test it when you're assembling everything, and see if there's enough clearance: you can always order another fan later to fill that spot if you find that it works.

• 19 days ago
  • 1 point

I have the Define R6 with one bottom mounted 140mm fan. Sure, there's room for two of these fans but you will need to allow some space for cables coming from the PSU.

• 14 days ago
  • 1 point

I have the R6 with 2 140mm fans on the bottom. No clearance issues. The cables coming out of the psu overlap the fan a little, but nothing major - the fan sits lower than where the cables come out so even if there were more overlap there still wouldn’t be an issue other than cables blocking more of the airflow. Helps that I have individually sleeved cables. If you check my most recent build, in one of the pics you can just make out the bottom fan next to the psu and cables. I can try to take a picture later for a clearer view.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube