add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How well will this work?

HydraBT

28 days ago

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835146064

Ill be gaming on a PC and its got an i5 6600k right now but ill upgrade to an i7 eventually and I wanted to know if this would cool both of them well enough for an overclock

Comments

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

AIO or CLCs (All-in-one or closed-loop-coolers) like these generally perform better in 240, 280, or 360mm versions. Most users feel that 120mm CLCs don't perform well for the price and you'd be better off with an air tower cooler instead. I have the X72 Kraken (360mm) and it works very well on the 9900k. If you go with an 8700k or 9700k in the future, I would go for a 240/280mm cooler at the very least.

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

120mm AIOs are generally not worth it because many mid range air coolers beats them in performance for less cost. If you plan to go AIO I would recommend a minimal of a 240mm radiator. The radiator is the only part that gets the heat out of the water and into the air preventing a thermal run off and overheat. The more surface area of a radiator you have the more potential to get heat transferred to the air. Many single tower air coolers would have about the same surface area to accomplish the same task and have similar cooling. Dual towers like the Noctua NH-D15 or Dark Rock Pro 4 can actually out perform some of the 240mm AIO coolers too but take up a ton of room. Sizes on the Cryorig H7 or Be Quiet Pure rock are much less of an issue and would recommend over a 120mm AIO. The Dark Rock 4 is about the same price but I can see that cooling much better than a 120mm AIO.

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

are there any good low profile air coolers that are white-ish

• 27 days ago
  • 1 point

How low profile does it have to be?

• 27 days ago
  • 1 point

just not huge and taking up the whole case, Im using the NZXT h500

• 27 days ago
  • 1 point

I think phanteks has a decent white cooler, should be good enough for stock or mild overclocks.

• 27 days ago
  • 1 point

The M22 is one of the worst aios. It is hated throughout the pc building community for having performance inferior to a cheap air cooler. If you want a liquid cooler, then I’d at least go with a 240mm aio. If you want to stay in that price range, go with a nice air cooler, such as a dark rock 4 or something.

• 27 days ago
  • 1 point

its nice to me 50c under load 4.0 Ghz oc on a r5 2600

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube