add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair H150i rgb VS coolermaster ml360r

Ras0922

21 days ago

Which one is the best for overclocking and normal purpose please tell.

Comments

• 21 days ago
  • 1 point

I briefly owned the H150i Pro and have to say that it is a pretty poor performing AIO. Linus Tech Tips also just did a video regarding AIOs in general (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23vjWtUpItk&t=0s), and their testing showed that the H150i Pro performed worse than the 240mm AIO. Not sure which model 240mm it was but the darker fan blades leads me to believe that the ML120 Pro fans were on that model which can spin up to 2000 RPM (the regular ML120 only spin up to 1600 RPM).

In any case, the H150i Pro could not keep my 9900k at 5.2GHz cooled under load. I hit 90C before I had to stop testing. If you swap out the garbage stock ML120 fans with something better (I used Silent Wings 3 High Speed PWM), you can definitely keep your system cooled. However, that is a pretty expensive swap, especially on top of the cost of the H150i Pro itself. As for me, I returned it and continued using my X72 Kraken. The Aer P fans that come with the Kraken are nearly identical to the Silent Wings 3 fans except that they are louder if you run them at full speed. If you keep them at roughly 60% however, they are pretty quiet.

I haven't tried out the Cooler Master 360mm CLC myself, but I've heard that they are about as good as the X72, and I imagine that's due to the fans since they all pretty much use the same pump. What I like about the X72 however is that it comes with a 6 year warranty. That's a long time to be covered for leaks or pump failure. Also, it can keep my 9900k at 5.2GHz cooled, so there's that. If you do plan to go higher though, be prepared to hear some pretty loud fans. But even at max, I doubt you could keep higher than 5.4GHz cooled (would probably need a custom loop for that).

• 21 days ago
  • 1 point

So should I go for ml360r or X72.

By the way do you know any good site that offers information about custom loop

• 21 days ago
  • 1 point

Looking at the spec sheets from Cooler Master and NZXT, from a cooling standpoint, it looks like the fans that come with the ML360R are very comparable to the X72. Max fan air flow and air pressure are slightly below the Aer P fans from NZXT, however the Cooler Master fans are about 25% quieter at max speed. They should perform similarly. The main big difference is that Cooler Master only has a 2 year warranty compared to NZXT's 6 year warranty.

So you have to weigh the difference between the warranty and the RGB fans if that makes a difference to you aesthetically. I will say though that the X72 infinity mirror design on the pump looks really nice, but it is pretty big. I have an MSI board which has the DIMM slots slightly closer to the CPU socket than other boards, so the tubes are slightly pushing against my memory (only because I have all four DIMM slots filled, this won't affect you if you only install two sticks of memory). Technically I could mount the pump rotated 90 degrees, but I prefer that it's on right side up.

As for custom loops, I do plan to do one on my next build in a few years, but right now, I don't really have any good resources for that. Sorry.

• 20 days ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the information

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube