add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What psu should i get ?

tripslow1

6 months ago

i am new to pc building and am wondering how much watts i would need for this build.i know it says the wattage on ur build but i wondering how much u would need if u are overclocking etc.thanks for any response.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/frcdLJ

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

Get a 550 watt PSU. Even a 450 one would work, and you don't need to OC that processor either.

With that board with NO LLC, i would just run it stock and still get near 4.0GHz, and that's it. :)

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

the pcpp wattage calculator is like the rated worst case scenario. meaning its generally a high estimate. Since most decent power supplies start at the 550W area if I were you I'd feel very comfortable getting a quality 550W power supply for that build. (overclocking isn't going to suddenly draw double the rated power or anything like that) if you plan to get a higher powered GPU at some point then maybe a 650W just for plenty of headroom, but the 550W is probably fine at that point too.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

thank you i think ill go with a 550w

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

i should mention that GPUs are getting more power efficient, so you should be fine with 550W

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube