add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

CPU Liquid AIO Coolers For a i9 9900k

Valkerg

19 days ago

Hey everyone :)

I have been all over the internet trying to find a AIO that can keep the i9 cool but i havent found a clear answer to which i should buy.

Any help will be so very appreciated :)

Comments

• 19 days ago
  • 1 point

Your case will dictate which options are viable as not all will fit in all cases.

• Water cooling solutions to rein in a 9900K

AIOs

• Air cooling solutions to rein in a 9900K

HSFs

• 19 days ago
  • 1 point

If you want really good temps you could go with the H150i but it's a 360mm radiator so I don't know if it would fit in your case. Really most 280mm or 360mm radiators should be enough, or maybe even a really thick 240. You could also build a custom loop but that tends to be more pricey. I personally use the thermaltake floe ring tt premium 360 (RGB goodness at its best) for my 8700K and everything stays nice and cool.

• 18 days ago
  • 2 points

I would have to strongly advise against the H150i. It's terrible and couldn't keep my 9900k cooled even at 5.0GHz with the stock fans (temps hit 90C before I had to terminate). The ML120s that come with it are pure garbage. When I replaced them with be quiet! Silent Wings 3 High Speed PWMs (running at 55% RPM), only then was the H150i able to keep it cooled (around 75C). I returned the H150i and use the X72 Kraken as the fans that come with it are comparable to the Silent Wings 3 (just slightly louder at higher speeds, but almost the same at 50-60%). With the X72, I can keep 5.1GHz cooled fairly easily (can keep fans at 60%).

If you want a 360mm radiator, definitely go with the X72 Kraken, but even the 280mm CLCs are very comparable in performance. EVGA, NZXT, and even Corsair have good 280mm products. Just the H150i is awful because the fans that come with it can't push air for anything. While they do run silent even at the max 1600 RPM, just don't expect them to cool your system if you plan to overclock. If you keep it at stock speed, you'll be fine, but then why buy the 9900k.

• 19 days ago
  • 1 point

If you don't overclock, any decent air cooler will do.

• 16 days ago
  • 1 point

If you want to O.C. It, I would suggest a high end aio, such as the kraken x72. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/nGjJ7P/nzxt-kraken-x72-liquid-cpu-cooler-rl-krx72-01

It is one of the best aios, but expensive. If you want an air cooler, I would advise a be quiet dark rock pro 4 https://pcpartpicker.com/product/F3gzK8/be-quiet-dark-rock-pro-4-505-cfm-cpu-cooler-bk022

• 16 days ago
  • 1 point

X72 as everyone is saying. But i've heard the H115i Pro is a good aio as well

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube