add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Will a Kraken x72 fit into a Cooler Master c700m case?

viper007e

17 days ago

Any clue how to make it work? I'm having a rough time trying to fit it on top because it will block my disc drive from fitting while building my new PC.

Comments

• 17 days ago
  • 1 point

I had to use the google cache feature to find the spec page for that case as it is no longer on the cooler master website

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:3C0gnfHqsrsJ:www.coolermaster.com/case/cosmos/cosmos-c700m/+&cd=12&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

On https://www.coolermaster.com/case/cosmos/cosmos-c700m/ I just get "404 - File or directory not found."

But on the spec page it lists the following for that case:

• Radiator Support - Top 120mm, 140mm, 240mm, 280mm, 360mm, 420mm (remove ODD), maximum thickness clearance 70mm
  • Radiator Support - Front 120mm, 140mm, 240mm, 280mm, 360mm, 420mm (remove ODD)

So for both of the 420mm radiators you need to remove the ODD if it is installed in the front or top. The top has a clearance of 70mm and the average fan is 25mm thick leaving 45mm for the radiator which plenty of them will fit within. The Kracken x72 is 360mm by 27mm (52mm thick with standard fans) so it should fit in either the top or front without removing the ODD.

• 9 days ago
  • 1 point

also check with fans installed on the rad. their not all equal in size(thickness) . found that out with my h500 mesh case.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube