add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair HX850 Question

Pillarob

69 months ago

Hi everyone,

Just noticed that there are 2 listings for the Corsair HX850; What seems to be an older model - http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cmpsu850hx And what seems to be a newer one - http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-hx850

Initial research tells me that while the older is rated at silver (despite PC part pickers insistence that it is, in fact, gold) the new one is rated at gold. The newer one also apparently has a different cable design, I saw someone mention in another post that it was a flatter profile. I just wanted to know, is anyone aware of any other significant differences? It translates to significant savings in my region to go with the older one, but I'm not sure if what I've found is a savvy buy, or a potential trap. Would love to hear your input!

Comments

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

they are the same specs. The connectors might be different im not sure about that. but if you can get it for a cheaper price get that one.

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

I would look more into why they re-released the HX850. May tell you if you want to avoid the older one or not.

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

I tried, the above points are all I came up with. I can see the ability to take it from silver to gold being enough of a reason if enough time had passed and they wanted to refresh their line up. The unit's labels and the like look a lot more modern and clean, so it strikes me as more of a generic over time kind of improvement.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube