add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Minimum cooler for 9900k

Caam

14 days ago

At stock speed, i need a temporary cooler until i can sort my custom loop cooling. I'm not going to do anything too intensive.

Comments

• 14 days ago
  • 1 point

You can probably run it on a $30-ish hyper 212 or cryorig m9i if you're careful not to push it for long periods. It should just throttle if it overheats but you don't want to do that all the time.

You might want to check your BIOS to see if it has a thermal guideline control of some sort; if you set it to observe the strict 95w TDP, you'll have an easier time keeping things cool until you get your permanent cooling sorted.

• 14 days ago
  • 1 point

Thank you

• 14 days ago
  • 1 point

I've seen $60 NZXT M22 liquid coolers also keep the temps at bay

• 14 days ago
  • 3 points

Well, if you’re going to spend $60, there’s the Scythe Mugen 5 or Fuma, Reeven Ouranos, Cryorig H5, and more. :-). They’re more than needed for a stopgap though.

• 14 days ago
  • 1 point

120mm AIO coolers tends to be very horrible for price to performance. A radiator that size can only dissipate so much heat and many cheaper tower coolers can out perform it in both lower noise and cooler temps.

• 14 days ago
  • 1 point

A Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 should do the job for the time being. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube