add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Dark Rock Pro 4 Clearance?

GR4SS_BLOCK

12 days ago

Will the Dark Rock Pro 4 have any clearance issues in the MSI X470 Gaming Plus and Corsair Vengeance. If so can you suggest any other cpu coolers with the same sort of perform around the same price (Preferable not Noctua because of the fan colour (color for you americans))

Comments

• 12 days ago
  • 4 points

Depends on if you're talking about Vengeance LPX or Vengeance RGB Pro, or what.

The DRP4 WILL clear memory modules as tall as the TridentZ RGB/Royal lineup (at 45ish mm tall).

Vengeance PRO RGB is 52mm tall and will not fit under a DRP4. You can remove the front fan from a DRP4 and still use the 2nd-4th slot with taller modules though. The internal 135mm fan is what does mosf of the work in the Dark Rock Pro.

The following are some heights I've been able to find for various ram modules. I know for a fact that the 45mm Trident Z RGBs fit. It looks like there might be clearance up to maybe 47mm but that is speculation on my part, so anything over 45mm consider with caution (or removing the front fan).

Corsair Vengeance LPX   31mm
AORUS RAM   39mm
G.Skill FlareX  40mm
G.Skill RipjawsV    42mm
Kingston Hyper X    43mm
TridentZ (Black&White)  44mm
Patriot Viper RGB   45.4mm
Patriot Viper Steel 45mm
G.Skill Trident Z RGB   45mm
TridentZ (Black&Silver) 45mm
G.Skill Trident Z Royal 45mm 
Team Dark Pro   45mm
TeamGroup  XTREEM   47.7mm
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 51mm
Team NightHawk Legend   52mm
  • 12 days ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for finding this, good to know!

• 12 days ago
  • 1 point

No clearance issues, my roommate has those parts with Corsair vengeance https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/p6RFf7/corsair-memory-cmk16gx4m2b3200c16 and you have 3-4 millimeters to spare.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube