add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Difference between Seagate STEA4000400 and STGD4000400

mroshaw

6 months ago

I'm looking to buy a 4TB external storage solution for my PS4. I've come across these two Seagate external USB 3 drives, on Amazon, and can't decide which to go for:

The STEA model is £10 cheaper than the STGD model - a fairly significant 10% saving.

Any idea why these are priced differently, other than the fact the STGD is the "newer" model? Is it worth the extra £10?

Or, is the WD Passport a better option?

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

I would build my own from an external enclosure and a known-good quality drive.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I should have thought of that. Could have gone 6 or 8TB 3.5" drive in a caddy! As it is, I went for the WD Passport and it's working great!

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

https://www.gamingscan.com/best-external-hard-drive-for-ps4/

TL;DR: Best choice is WD My Passport 4TB due to being the newest of the three choices and comes with a 3 year manufacturer's warranty vs just a 2 year warranty with the Seagate models.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I've gone for the Passport and it's working great! :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube