add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Mount the PSU upside down or right side up?

Hellvaguy
  • 87 months ago

I have the Corsair 600T case that does have filter below the power supply unit. But my question is, is that really a better setup? I mean a top notch psu is not cheap and it doesn't seem good for the overall health to have it intake air from the 1/2" gap underneath the case.

Comments

• 87 months ago
  • 1 point

As long as your build is not on a carpet its always best to have the PSU fan facing down bringing in cool air. Don't mind the 1/2" gap, that is plenty of space to draw air in so long as there is nothing else blocking the bottom of the case.

• 87 months ago
  • 0 points

I cant get it off the carpet because my whole living room is carpeted and this mid-sized case is too big for my desk. Maybe should look at a plastic mat for underneath.

Or I did find this more expensive option: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17837/cas-433/PC_Crate_Computer_Cable_Organizer_and_Lift_Kit.html

• 87 months ago
  • 1 point

Since you're on carpet, then just turn the PSU over. The only major difference is it will be drawing in some of the warmer case air instead of the cool ambient air. That lift kit, textbooks, or anything to raise the case higher off the carpet and provide plenty of clearance will also do the trick.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube