add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cloned SSD from HDD wont Boot Windows

Fleetleader101

6 months ago

Update: Solved, read below in reply's.

I cloned a 1TB HD to a 250GB SSD. The problem is the SSD does not appear under my boot menu when I go into the boot settings. Also, when I unplug the 1TB HD, the system simply says "no boot drive available"

I'm on a laptop as well so idk if that complicates things, but I don't seem to have a windows key of any type so I'm confused as what to do. Detailed instruction would be super helpful. I'm on an ACER Nitro 5 if that helps.

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Post the name of the cloning software and perhaps if other member(s) here use the same software can assist.
Actual procedure and capabilities varies depending on the cloning software in use.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

AOMEI Backupper was what I used.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Tutorial: AOMEI Technology

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Most of the people believe that SSD is less vulnerable to data loss than HDD as it has no mechanical arms to read/write data; however, this is no such case. Both HDD & SSD are an electronic product & both are equally uncertain in life.

Well, there can be 2 scenarios:

A. Your Drive is attached, but undetected or unreadable.

There might be chances that your drive is having an unsupported file system or it may have bad sectors. In this scenario,

• Right click on “This PC”, select Manage. • Then, in the dialogue box that opens, Select Disk Management from the left side panel (last option).

There, look below the white portion, you will find a representation of the Disks connected. If it is shown in there.

• Right Click on your SSD, Format the drive and assign a drive letter to it.

Then wait a few seconds and it will be shown in the Drives panel.

B. Your drive may not be attached properly.

Check your connections in this case. When shown in Disk Management, follow the above procedure.

Or else you can go through the below blog to know the solutions for an unresponsive SSD: https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/recover-files-failed-ssd-windows-mac/

Hope it will help.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I figured it out. I had to check the formatting and make sure it was GTP.

Here are instructions on how to do it. Kindof feel dumb. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dn938372(v=vs.60)

Anyway, just format the disk in diskmanagement, confirm its GTP and then clone the drive. Restart, go f2 and select the new SSD as boot drive.

Its not that hard, I just missed the first step.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube